Milena Gianfrancesco, PhD, MPH
BS, - Neuroscience; Italian Studies, Brown University
PhD, - Epidemiology; Designated Emphasis in Computational and Genomic Biology, University of California, Berkeley
MPH, - Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Yale University
Honors and Awards
- Career Development Bridge Funding Award: K Supplement, Rheumatology Research Foundation, 2020
- NIH Loan Repayment Program, National Institutes of Health, NIAMS, 2017
- Lawren H. Daltroy Health Professional Preceptorship, Rheumatology Research Foundation, 2017
- Rheumatology Informatics System for Effectiveness (RISE) Practices See Significant Gains in Rheumatoid Arthritis Quality Measures.
- Rheumatic disease activity, glucocorticoid use and COVID-19. Response to: 'Comment on 'Characteristics associated with hospitalisation for COVID-19 in people with rheumatic disease: data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance physician-reported re
- Epidemiology and outcomes of novel coronavirus 2019 in patients with immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
- Minimum information about clinical artificial intelligence modeling: the MI-CLAIM checklist.
- COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance Registry, anti-IL-6 therapy, shared decision-making and patient outcomes. Response to: 'Correspondence on 'Characteristics associated with hospitalisation for COVID-19 in people with rheumatic disease: data from the C
- More on Covid-19 in Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Diseases.
- Reweighting to address nonparticipation and missing data bias in a longitudinal electronic health record study.
- Response to: 'Glucocorticoid-induced relapse of COVID-19 in a patient with sarcoidosis' by Györfi et al.
- Mortality among Hospitalized Individuals with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in the United States between 2006 and 2016.
- Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus using hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine develop severe COVID-19 at similar frequency as patients not on antimalarials: need to explore antithrombotic benefits for COVID-19 coagulopathy. Response to: 'Clinical cou
- Characteristics associated with hospitalisation for COVID-19 in people with rheumatic disease: data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance physician-reported registry.
- Baseline use of hydroxychloroquine in systemic lupus erythematosus does not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe COVID-19.
- Initial data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance provider registries - Authors' reply.
- Rheumatic disease and COVID-19: initial data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance provider registries.
- Three Quality Improvement Initiatives Improved Performance of Rheumatoid Arthritis Disease Activity Measures in Electronic Health Records: Results from an Interrupted Time Series Study.
- A phenotypic and genomics approach in a multi-ethnic cohort to subtype systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Effects of language, insurance and race/ethnicity on measurement properties of the PROMIS Physical Function Short Form 10a in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Does early high body mass index influence onset of pediatric multiple sclerosis?
- Differences in Longitudinal Disease Activity Between Research Cohort and Noncohort Participants with Rheumatoid Arthritis Using Electronic Health Record Data.
- Increased risk of ischemic stroke in systemic sclerosis: a national cohort study of US veterans.
- Assessment of a Deep Learning Model Based on Electronic Health Record Data to Forecast Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Gaps in Ambulatory Patient Safety for Immunosuppressive Specialty Medications.
- Smoking Is Associated with Higher Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Longitudinal Study Controlling for Time-varying Covariates.
- Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia (PJP) prophylaxis patterns among patients with rheumatic diseases receiving high-risk immunosuppressant drugs.
- Potential Biases in Machine Learning Algorithms Using Electronic Health Record Data.
- Incorporating machine learning approaches to assess putative environmental risk factors for multiple sclerosis.
- Capturing a Patient-Reported Measure of Physical Function Through an Online Electronic Health Record Patient Portal in an Ambulatory Clinic: Implementation Study.
- The impact of smoking on disease measures in rheumatoid arthritis: the need for appropriate adjustment of time-varying confounding.
- Discordance of the Framingham cardiovascular risk score and the 2013 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association risk score in systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Genetic risk factors for pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis.
- Hydroxychloroquine dosing in immune-mediated diseases: implications for patient safety.
- The interaction between smoking and HLA genes in multiple sclerosis: replication and refinement.
- The price of whole-genome sequencing may be decreasing, but who will be sequenced?
- Evidence for a causal relationship between low vitamin D, high BMI, and pediatric-onset MS.
- Causal Effect of Genetic Variants Associated With Body Mass Index on Multiple Sclerosis Susceptibility.
- Mendelian randomization shows a causal effect of low vitamin D on multiple sclerosis risk.
- Multiple sclerosis risk loci and disease severity in 7,125 individuals from 10 studies.
- Genetic risk and longitudinal disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus using targeted maximum likelihood estimation.
- High consumption of coffee is associated with decreased multiple sclerosis risk; results from two independent studies.
- Obesity and Multiple Sclerosis Susceptibility: A Review.
- Obesity during childhood and adolescence increases susceptibility to multiple sclerosis after accounting for established genetic and environmental risk factors.
- Interaction between adolescent obesity and HLA risk genes in the etiology of multiple sclerosis.
- Speed- and cane-related alterations in gait parameters in individuals with multiple sclerosis.
- Reduction of freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease by repetitive robot-assisted treadmill training: a pilot study.