How to Apply
How To Apply
For the current academic year, the Rheumatology Fellowship Program will be participating in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications to our fellowship program should be made via ERAS. The Rheumatology Fellowship Program participates in the Medical Specialties Matching Program of the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Applicants should register with the NRMP at their website.
In addition to the ERAS application, applicants are required to submit the following via ERAS:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
After we receive your completed application including three supporting letters, your file will be reviewed, and you will be notified regarding the advisability of an interview. Applicants must be eligible for certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine and must be licensed by the State of California at the time they begin their fellowship. Candidates with visas (H-1b or J-1) are considered if they have a strong research background.
|May 31, 2022
|ERAS 2022 season ends at 5 p.m. ET.
|June 8, 2022
|ERAS 2023 season begins at 9 a.m. ET.
|June 22, 2022
|Programs receive access to the PDWS for preseason setup.
|July 6, 2022
|July cycle fellowship applicants may begin submitting applications to programs at 9 a.m. ET.
|July 20, 2022
|July cycle fellowship programs may begin reviewing applications at 9 a.m. ET.
Minimum Requirements for admission to our clinical fellowship program are:
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME-certified internal medicine residency program sponsored by a major university
- U.S. citizen, Canadian citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. In special circumstances, holders of H1-B or J-1 visas may be considered. This is generally true if the visa holder has special qualifications such as advanced degrees (PhD or MPH) or extensive research experience.
- For graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada, appropriate certification by the USMLE/FLEX
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our training program.
Fellowship Coordinator | Division of Rheumatology
E-mail: [email protected]